I would like to take a moment to say thanks to Laurie Pieper at www.atasteofmorning.com for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger award. This is very much appreciated coming from Laurie. Since I began my blog, hers has been one of the first I’ve followed and enjoyed each and every day. So I was excited to see she had thought enough of my work here at life, lyrics, and pics to honor me with this award. Head over to her blog and see what she’s up to. You’ll be thrilled with what you see. So,with that I will do what is tradition with this award. I will nominate 10 blogs I feel are also deserving of a Sunshine blog nomination and also tell you 10 things about myself. So here you go.
1. I studied communication sciences and disorders at the University of Texas at Austin – Hook ’em Horns!
2. I’ve hiked to the tallest elevation in Texas, which is higher than you might think!
3. I love to travel.
4. I work with children ages birth to three years old. It’s a great job!!
5. I was born in Omaha, Nebraska. My dad will never let me forget I am a Cornhusker by birth.
6. College football is my favorite sport.
7. I collect coffee Mugs and magnets from places I travel.
8. Sunflowers are my favorite flower.
9. My first car was a Ford Probe and I got two speeding tickets in the first 6 months that I got my license, oops.
10. I almost got my degree in photojournalism before I became a speech language pathologist. Hence, the interest in photography. I’m very excited to have found this outlet to explore photography and all that is available now with this medium.
Now on to my nominations of blogs deserving of this award. I hope that you all take some time to check these blogs out. I enjoy each of them and what they offer. I was able to come up with 9 blogs that I wanted to recommend.
Life, lyrics and pics